Love Your Neighbor, Honor the Sabbath
- Pursue God’s heart for the Venable & 10th and Page neighborhoods in response to Jeremiah 29:7 and Micah 6:8.
- Train the next generation in Christian Community Development practices in alignment with John and Vera Mae Perkins and CCDA.
- Give undergraduate students the opportunity to live in a mixed-income, multi-ethnic, and inter-generational neighborhood to prepare them for a lifetime of incarnational ministry and community partnership.
- Practice “Neighborhood Sabbath” on Sundays by being present in Venable and 10th and Page. Neighborhood Sabbath might include:
- Meeting, visiting neighbors
- Walking, praying for the neighborhood
- Eating together
- Playing together
- Acts of service, especially for elderly neighbors
- Anything restful and rejuvenating
- Pray for Venable and 10th & Page and discern as a community additional ways to bless and partner with the neighborhood
Director - Garrett Trent
Program Adviser - Christy Yates
House Mom - Marian McCullough
John and Vera Mae Perkins Foundation
To learn more about the John and Vera Mae Perkins Foundation, please visit their website. View Site>>